THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Facebook

When I first heard about the "blogger" assignment I figured it would be a breeze. I have had a xanga since highschool, and when I first started college I created a facebook. The facebook account that I had got deleted do to lack of use I believe, so I re-created one over the summer. Xanga or Facebook or even myspace isn't for everyone. It tends to either really attract people, or people just hate it. I love it because it's relatively informal. Everyone has those friends that they're not very close to and these social websites are the best way to keep intouch, or tell someone you're thinking of them. It reminds everyone on a persons "friends list" when their birthday is everyday for about a week in advanced. Many people do seem to have some issues over privacy though. From Internet stalkers to pervs you don't know what's out there! Thankfully every site, that I'm familiar with at least, has some sort of privacy option. In Xanga when you write a post you have the option to make it "private" [where only you can see it] "selected" [where only your friends can see it] or it can be "public" where anyone who stumbles on the page can read it. In facebook, you can only see their profile if they add you to your friends list. I actually like facebook better, but myspace is fun to play with too!

1 comment:

Soxfan95013 said...

I commented!

Facebook is awesome. Do have to be careful with perverts and stalkers though.